Hilary Hollingworth - artist
Threadworks

Still stitching

Tourist junk. The artist has worked a photograph from her travels to Hong Kong in stitch.Hi there!
Sometimes it is difficult to commit the time that I need to my work. I am planning a number of pieces for different events but other aspects of life take over. The last few months have been such a time though I have tried to keep up stitching as much as best I can. I am currently working on a piece [1 meter by 50 cm approximately]  that has a background completely covered by stitch this is my contact with needle and thread. As the background is almost done I will need to set aside a block of time to work out my move to the next stage. Watch this space as I will post progress updates soon.
My other plan is to start a sample book of a piece a day. Something I  often return to when I need to refresh my thoughts. This book though is to be a record of my feelings for my father, who died a year ago, in stitch. I plan to work on it for a year and then reflect.
My work as a lecturer is changing. The political situation is making life unpredictable but it was ever so. The nature of teaching Fashion, a word
meaning change, is that it is a constant round if reflection, review and refreshing your teaching. Though I do value my work as the students for ever keep me challenged. Particularly with pattern making an exciting area to be working in at the moment.

Happy stitching

10 Comments to Still stitching:

Comments RSS
Alfard Alvin on 03 November 2017 13:14
It is the wonderful. I am really very impress with this great work. Can you please share some more designs of stitching. I like your work. garage shelving UK
Reply to comment

Mark on 06 November 2017 13:41
This is actually what I am trying to find, and I'm glad to come here. Thanks for sharing the such information with us. Get e liquid box online buy from http://www.eliquidpackagingco.com/
Reply to comment

Smith on 09 November 2017 07:49
I am very impress to reading the whole content of in the post. In the post is very interesting ans informative for the every visitor. This article provided the all kinds of the information every people. keep it up. garage racking and shelving
Reply to comment

Stroud on 16 December 2017 11:37
I am very happy to reading the whole article is very informative for me. I see in the post some people working for the thread works. Thanks for sharing in the information. wholesale wedding cards
Reply to comment

test on 04 May 2018 10:49
good
Reply to comment

law assignment help on 06 May 2018 12:48
Well, I don’t believe in stones and all this thing but I do really think that luck matters a lot. Your destiny is your real guide and you do actually what is in your destiny.
Reply to comment

Fake Watches on 23 May 2018 11:12
Reply to comment

Michal on 24 May 2018 08:52
Good post. I am very happy to read that your other plan My other plan is to start a sample book of a piece a day. Thanks for it. Reliable and strong storage system is garage racking
Reply to comment

gym mats on 31 May 2018 11:25
Its really a tough job to stitching. Your website is really worthy and interesting article. Thanks for sharing your stuff.
Reply to comment

loemrntdherid1 on 01 June 2018 09:08
Now this is hghly recommeded post for me. I will surely email this to my friend.RegardsLoop polo shirts
Reply to comment